My definitive and mediocrely researched list of the top 10 most innovative cryptocurrencies
This post is an attempt to get some focused discussion in this sub as well as post some original content that has NOTHING to do with trading or prices.
This top 10 list is in no particular order and is done with the research of a college kid with some time on his hands (not thorough at all).
Please feel free to sound off in the comments if you think I'm an idiot for my hot takes here or if you have a cryptocurrency I missed that you think deserves a spotlight.
So let's get right in…
u/huskernatchamps2020**‘s top 10 most innovative cryptocurrencies**
- Bitcoin- for obvious reasons this one is included in the list. Bitcoin is the caveman fire of cryptocurrencies and has truly unleashed the power of computing on a world that had previously thought we tapped the limits of computing. Bitcoin is digital gold and even though it’s technically intangible it still has worth! It's absolutely mind boggling that Satoshi could even think to do this. Hell I can barely think of original content to post here most days and this dude was like, “i'm gonna make my computer do math and turn it into a currency.” crazy.
- Ethereum- I know this is starting off lame as hell with 2 cryptos everyone knows about so I’ll make this one shorter. Ethereum is like if Bitcoin put on hair gel, drove a lamborghini, and stole your wife. Vitalik is the closest thing to a skeleton humans can get and this genius made a cryptocurrency that makes btc look like a cave painting. NFT’s, and ERC-tokens are some of the most innovative things I have seen done and I have seen a… lot…
- NANO- the crypto formerly known as Raiblocks. This giga-chad cryptocurrency took paypal and venmo by the balls and threw them in the garbage. Nano transfers ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY INSTANTLY, OVER ANY BORDER, AND AT LITERALLY NO COST. Yes, it's also good for the environment because it doesn't use energy to be mined, but that is a mostly non-argument when all of crypto is still greener than American Airlines. And it has a unique block lattice that I am too brain-dead to read up on but F it, that’s pretty innovative.
- Chainlink- Chainlink is the crypto version of that robot thing from Minority Report but it’s a good thing. Chainlink is some big brain decentralized oracle network that allows smart contracts to contact outside so that contracts can be executed without the need for the information to be on the Ethereum network. So basically Chainlink is going to be the back-bone of the next internet. Yep, a NEW internet not this clunky, old, slow, garbage BS we are all using right now.
- Binance Coin- I am going to get DESTROYED for putting this one in here but this is about innovation and nothing else. BNB is the utility coin of the Binance exchange and can be used to get discounts on fees if you hold it. BNB also has its own blockchain of which its decentralized exchange can run off of. Binance coin may get some hate for it “not being actually decentralized” or whatever other people say, but in all seriousness it’s a massively innovative crypto and should be praised for what it has done to streamline exchanges.
- Tether- Tether is like if the treasury had sex with a computer. It’s the most popular stable coin on the market and one of the first. Tether is there to hold bitcoins and other cryptos hands when the volatility is too insane to handle. You wanna go to bed but don't want to lose 50% of your portfolio? Put it in Tether! Boom, easy as pie.
- Monero- * insert devil face emoji * Monero is the most popular private coin on the market. To put it simply, you put your money in Monero and instantly there is no proof that money exists. On top of that unless you snitch on yourself, there is no way anyone can prove you even still have it! Unlike bitcoin or other cryptos you can’t see the transactions nor can you see the balance of wallets using something called “ring signatures”. This crypto is single handedly carrying the internet black market like Michael Jordan in the 90’s. For that I say innovative as hell!
- Cardano- Cardano is a proof-of-stake crypto that aims to be the future of financial operating systems. Some nerds call cardano the ethereum killer because it’s blockchain is more capable of doing cool shit. Cardano is still in its early stages and has some huge plans for 2021 and the future. DYOR I’ve done enough and I could make a whole post about Cardano. Mostly what made me add it here is that the team behind it is like a nerd virgin dream team. Former Ethereum team members, cryptographers (Indiana Jones?), Engineers, mathematicians, and other mega nerds. These guys are about to mentally dunk on the rest of the crypto scene with innovation.
- Vechain- Ok this is getting long and im getting bored so im just throwing these last 2 in because it’s 3 am and I have class at 9am. Vechain is a cryptocurrency that is going to (and already is kinda) enhance supply chain management. You think Amazon has their shit together, Vechain is better. Vechain is doing some great things for food safety and supply chain management that cannot be overlooked. I just saw somewhere that because of Vechain you can scan a bag of coffee and it'll pull up every step that coffee took to get to you. It'll probably even tell you the coffee bean farmers DNA sequence, idk, Vechain is sick.
- Polkadot- Polkadot is so innovative I still can barely understand what it’s meant to do and I just read about it for half an hour. I can’t even try to put its description in layman's terms so i'm just gonna copy and paste. “Polkadot is a unique proof-of-stake cryptocurrency that is aimed at delivering interoperability between other blockchains. Its protocol is designed to connect permissioned and permissionless blockchains as well as oracles to allow systems to work together under one roof.” Yeah whatever that fucking means, I have no idea. Which should tell all of you that it is lightyears ahead of everything else in the market right now. It also has something called para-chains that allows the connection between other blockchains, as well as shared security which helps prevent it from attacks. Gavin Wood wherever the hell you are you genius sonofabitch just take my girl already.
let me know if you like this kind of post and ill put together some more "top 10" lists for you lovable fiends. cheers!