Tezos AMA: Ask us about Proof-of-Stake, NFTs, DeFi, DAOs, and more. We brought Tacos!
Greetings r/CryptoCurrency and thank you to this incredible community for hosting us,
we represent the Tezos Ecosystem, a proof-of-stake blockchain aiming to be ‘Smart Money’ and we're here to answer your questions regarding Tezos.
Recently, Tezos has been gaining traction in DeFi, STOs, NFTs, and DAOs. You can check out some cool recent product launches on Tezos like HomeBase (DAO platform), OpenMinter (NFT platform), Kolibri (DeFi platform), Dexter Exchange (DEX) and hic et nunc (NFT marketplace), all built by different organizations from across the Tezos Ecosystem. Some other cool things built by the community is Kukai wallet that lets anyone send tez or NFTs to anyone with a Reddit or Twitter handle.
What is Tezos?
Tezos is smart money, redefining what it means to hold and exchange value in a digitally connected world. A self-upgradable blockchain with a proven track record, Tezos seamlessly adopts tomorrow's innovations without network disruptions today. Tezos is also built to incentivize developers, any developer can submit a protocol upgrade with an invoice attached and the community of Bakers (validators) will be able to vote on the protocol upgrade with Tezos built in governance mechanism. To date, Tezos has had 5 protocol upgrades and the 6th one was proposed just last week! You can check it out on the Tezos Governance Explorer to view the voting activity.
- Tezos upgraded with one of the most significant upgrades for any blockchain adding features like privacy, a ticketing system, and a new governance cycle to improve adoption. In another previous upgrade, Tezos reduced gas fees ~75% which enabled users to transact on the network with extremely low costs.
- The city of Reno, Nevada is developing its own DAO and NFT system on top of the Tezos blockchain network
- tZERO & ROI Group Join Forces to Digitize Up to $50 Million of Real Estate on the Tezos Blockchain
- Tezos gets new oracle through Wolfram Blockchain Labs integration
- OpenSea, the largest NFT marketplace in the world, is integrating Tezos NFTs
- Simplex partners with Tezos Commons to enable global purchases of XTZ
- Tezos Decentralized ID team, Spruce Systems, has been accepted into YCombinator
Want to get involved?
Every month we distribute up to 5000 tez in rewards to contributors from the ecosystem ranging from all skills and levels. Whether you are a meme expert, an indie developer, or answering questions about Tezos, we want to reward you! Learn more here
Want to stay updated after this AMA?
You subscribe to our weekly newsletter, 'The Baking Sheet' that delivers the latest Tezos ecosystem news and insights every Friday!
Tezos Co-founder, Arthur Breitman: /u/murbard
Tezos Commons Executive Director, Corey Soreff: /u/tokyo_on_rails
Additional members of the Tezos community, developers, and organizations like Tezos Commons and TQ Tezos will also be answering questions that highlight their fields of expertise.