82% of Institutional Investors Plan to Increase Cryptocurrency Exposure: Survey
A survey by Nickel Digital Asset Management shows that 82% of institutional investors and wealth managers are planning to increase their cryptocurrency exposure between now and 2023.
- The survey reportedly asked institutional investors and wealth managers from the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, and the UAE who currently have exposure to cryptocurrencies and digital assets about their crypto investment strategies. It was conducted between May and June.
- According to the results, 82% of respondents expect to increase their crypto exposure between now and 2023.
- 40% said they will dramatically increase their crypto holdings, 7% said they would reduce their exposure, and 1% said they would sell their entire holdings of crypto assets.
- Responding to the question about their future crypto investment plans, 58% of respondents said that the main reason for investing is long-term capital growth prospects. Meanwhile, 38% said confidence in the asset class, and 37% said more leading corporates and fund managers investing in crypto assets. Moreover, 34% said an improved regulatory environment will be a key factor in increasing their crypto allocations.
- Anatoly Crachilov, co-founder and CEO of asset management firm Nickel Digital, was quoted by Institutional Asset Manager as saying: “The number of institutional investors and corporates holding bitcoin and other cryptoassets is growing and their confidence in the asset class is also increasing.” He elaborated:
Many of those professional investors with holdings in crypto assets are looking to increase their exposure … These trends will continue to expand.
- The CEO noted that the trend is “being driven by several factors including strong market performance during the Covid-19 crisis, more established investors and corporations endorsing the market, and the sector’s infrastructure and regulatory framework improving.”
What do you think about 82% of surveyed institutional investors planning to increase their crypto exposure? Let us know in the comments section below.