Is it possible to maintain an Ethereum wallet responsibly?
The last I checked, the recommended technique for having and maintaining an ethereum wallet was to:
- Download a light wallet app like MyEtherWallet
- Store a password in three different, secure places, like bitwarden, pysical harware keys, or a piece of paper, but not the last two because they're easy to lose and not really secure.
- Store a private key in three more distinct secure places.
- Store some other number in some additional number of distinct secure places.
- Never lose anything ever.
So… For those of us who live on planet earth… Is there a responsible way to use Ethereum? I know Coinbase is for investors who don't care about Ethereum itself.
I tried Status for about five minutes at a friend's recommendation, not sure why anybody would ever use that.